What Body Sculpting Can Do for YouJuly 12, 2019
Most Effective Treatments for Clearing Up AcneOctober 1, 2019
Stretch marks are colored streaks that appear on your skin, commonly from weight gain or growth. Essentially tears of the skin, stretch marks are not a health issue and can potentially be treated.
Initially, stretch marks begin as red or purple marks. The coloring is because the blood vessels are present under the skin and actually makes newer stretch marks easier to treat! The presence of the blood vessels allows the stretch mark to be more responsive to treatment options.
Over time, red stretch marks will slowly fade to white or silver. Though they may never disappear completely, treatment can shrink them and lighten the color. In some cases, stretch marks fade on their own! There are a few at-home remedies that could help, including:
- Vitamin-A – Used in many over-the-counter topical cosmetic creams, Vitamin A helps skin to appear smoother and more youthful. Foods such as carrots and sweet potatoes can also give you extra Vitamin-A!
- Aloe Vera – Both a natural healing agent and a skin softener, applying aloe to your stretch marks daily can help to lessen their appearance.
- Coconut Oil – Since stretch marks are caused from skin damage, coconut oil could potentially help heal them quickly. Coconut oil has healing properties that help skin wounds heal faster.
However, if you’re looking for more immediate, reliable results, Advanced Laser Medspa offers stretch mark treatment options to expedite the process! Stretch mark treatment options we offer include:
- Radio Frequency (RF) or Microneedling (Intensif) – These techniques use a heat delivery system to build collagen and tighten skin. We have had success reducing the size and appearance of stretch marks for many!
- Aerolase – This laser skin treatment has become increasingly popular in the industry. Able to tighten and smooth skin, Aerolase can assist with stretch marks.
Of course, the best way to find out which treatment will work for you, consult our experts! For more information or to schedule a consultation to find out which stretch mark treatment is best for your situation, contact our professionals today! We proudly provide service to patients throughout the Clifton Park, NY area.